Wolff Leia advises on all aspects of securities law transactions, whether public offerings, private placements, takeover bids or restructuring by way of a plan of arrangement.
Wolff Leia offers comprehensive legal services in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities regulatory matters. Our clients include dealers and advisors, underwriters, targets, offerors, boards of directors, special committees and lenders. We have experience across all industries, including oil & gas, mining, banking and finance, technology, manufacturing and insurance.
We assist our clients with:
- Public offerings and private placements of equity, debt and hybrid securities
- Amalgamations, mergers, arrangements, acquisitions and reorganizations, including “going private” transactions
- Pre-public financings, including angel and venture capital investments
- POP system, MJDS, cross-border and shelf offerings
- Takeover bids and issuer bids
- Stock exchange listings
- Related party transactions and Multilateral Instrument 61-101 compliance
- Investment dealer and advisor registrations
- Regulatory agency hearings before bodies such as the ASC and the TSX
- Ongoing compliance with securities law and continuous disclosure requirements